Automotive Maintenance Tech
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing preventative maintenance and repairs to district vehicles and maintaining appropriate records.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: HSG/GED/VALID TX. DRIVER LICENSE Preferred: ASE Certification and CDL
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): (3+) years in Auto Repair/Preventative Maintenance experience
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): None
4. Equipment Operated: Vehicle Lift, Tire Machine, Air Compressor
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract) '
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) '
Bilingual Skills Required: No ' Languages:_NA_____________________
Writing /Composing ' (Reports)
2. Other Skills: OPERATION OF MOTOR VEHICLE REQUIRED.
' Mathematics '
P.C. ' '
3. Work Schedule: 'Flexible ' Overtime '
4. Other Requirements: Able to work according to specific job assignments, subject to extreme weather conditions. Able to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to make informed decisions in the absence of supervisor.