Business Intelligence Analyst I - Finance - Revenue Cycle Support Systems
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Business Intelligence Analyst I supports system-level analytics activities of a large integrated delivery system. Work product directly impacts information delivered to the Harris Health's Board of Trustees and Commissioners Court as well as the state of Texas and CMS. Participates in complex projects and initiatives across the system, which significantly impact business results, and require a large degree of cross-functional participation/coordination. The position supports the implementation of Finance information systems. This position works in close collaboration with IT Business Intelligence supporting many of the same or similar projects and deliverables. In concert with IT, the position and actively contributes, on the Finance side, to organizational initiatives in the development of business intelligence (BI) tools.
TYPICAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE PERFORMED
2. Demonstrates skills and knowledge of SQL in all environments; Access, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Office, and various Business Intelligence tools. Understands and uses MS Office Excel and Access for appropriate data delivery. Builder and user of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) tools ranging from Office (Access) through enterprise class databases and the Business Objects Data Services suite. Builds department business layers using Business Objects Universe. Develops accurate and re-useable analysis using Business Objects Enterprise WebIntelligence and Crystal Reports. Demonstrates awareness of other Business Objects suite and other industry leading BI tools.
3. Involved in the design, development, and maintenance of Harris Health System Decision Support and Business Intelligence (BI) systems. Maintains system integrity within EPSi / PLA and Enterprise Analyst and other databases. Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level requirements into details, abstracts up from low-level data to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
4. Delivers analytics, tools, solutions and reporting for the benefit and management of Harris Health System's constituency, partners, and governance. Develops and maintains appropriate algorithms, business logic, and data dictionaries required to develop system-wide statistical standards from raw source data. Plans, designs (data mapping), codes, tests and installs complex reports/queries based on technical specifications.
5. Work collaboratively with BI (IT) to maintain the integrity of data in Harris Health Decision Support Systems and Business Intelligence (BI) systems. Supports all business intelligence and decision support activities related to improvement of operational efficiency in collaboration with Operations, Quality, and other areas. Supports and actively participates in system-level data governance processes.
6. Participates in Harris Health System mandatory education. Maintains professional knowledge through participation in continuing education programs. Participates on appropriate committees and other assigned meetings on behalf of Harris Health System.
7. Works collaboratively with colleagues to deliver patient/customer services that meet or exceed patient expectations as evidenced by patient satisfaction scores (District Patient Satisfaction Job Standard).
8. Delivers exceptional customer service by embracing ServiceFIRST standards of behavior during all patient, visitor and staff encounters.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.