Business Intelligence Analyst II - Decision Support Services
Harris Health System is the public healthcare safety-net provider established in 1966 to serve the residents of Harris County, Texas. As an essential healthcare system, Harris Health champions better health for the entire community, with a focus on low-income uninsured and underinsured patients, through acute and primary care, wellness, disease management and population health services. Ben Taub Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center) and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (Level 3 Trauma Center) anchor Harris Health’s robust network of 39 clinics, health centers, specialty locations and virtual (telemedicine) technology. Harris Health is among an elite list of health systems in the U.S. achieving Magnet® nursing excellence designation for its hospitals, the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered clinics and health centers and its strong partnership with nationally recognized physician faculty, residents and researchers from Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; and the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine at the University of Houston.
Skills / Requirements
The Business Intelligence Analyst II supports system-level analytics activities of a large integrated delivery system. Work product directly impacts information delivered to the Harris Health's Board of Trustees and Commissioners Court as well as the state of Texas and CMS. Participates in complex projects and initiatives across the system, which significantly impact business results, and require a large degree of cross-functional participation/coordination.
- Maintains weekly and monthly processing of EPSi from source systems along with yearly tables and other ad-hoc loads and processes
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of daily patient data imported into the DSS
- Validation and manipulation of source system information so that extracted information for the EPSi system is meaningful
- Development and maintenance of Product Lines and other hierarchical setups
- Participate in all aspects of system upgrades
- Loading and auditing monthly payroll and general ledger information and validation of system generated calculations
- Yearly cost center setup and processing established to ensure a consistent flow of data
- Develops annual cost standard review process and works with department managers and key personnel to develop and maintain accurate cost per unit values for each patient chargeable product
- Prepares monthly financial reports and analyses for departments and leaders where needed and as scheduled
- Meet with leaders and other customers to understand the scope, essential details, and required timeframe of the special project request
- Utilizes the EPSi decision support system and other sources of information to assimilate and analyze data and present results to management with proposed outcomes
- Adjusts analysis and presentation of the special projects as required
- Assist in preparing various Federal and State surveys
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred.
Work Experience: Three (3) years' of experience in a Senior Business Analyst capacity.
- Analysis, design and development of enterprise-class software
- Experience with data mapping in a data warehousing environment
- Experience in analyzing source systems and performing data mapping between disparate databases / data sources. In addition, working experience in performing gap analysis of the production data to validate business requirements.
- Healthcare experience.
Equipment Operated: Knowledge of EMR/Epic, Clarity, SAP Business Object tools (Business Intelligence), Oracle SQL, Allscripts EPSi Enterprise Analyst and Decision Support Suite, PeopleSoft.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Analytical, Design, Mathematics, Medical Terms, Research, Statistical Deployment, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Project Mgmt., Prod. Support, Development