Care Management Nurse RN - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 70 hospitals, Community serves over 260,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Care Manager will manage Community Health Choice (Community) members with chronic disease and medically complicated needs through comprehensive evaluation and through coordination of Community resources. The Care Manager will participate as a team member in Community Care Management programs, which are designed to assist members with chronic diseases in self-management skills. Care Manager will work collaboratively with utilization review, member services and the quality improvement department.
- RN, CCM preferred, current Texas License
- Minimum one year hospital experience. One year of case management experience preferred.
- Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
- Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
- Analytical, Medical Terms, MS Word, MS Excel
Please be advised: Effective Wednesday, September 1st, 2021, with the exception of those who receive an approved exemption, all new hires must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by the second Friday of employment.
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.