Clinical Dietitian I - LBJ Hospital
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Clinical Dietitian I works closely with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide patient care that is integrated and compatible with the patient focused medical goals and objectives. Primary responsibilities include application of the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) including the completion of the nutrition assessment, determination of the nutrition diagnosis, developing and implementing nutrition intervention(s) and monitoring and evaluation of the patients¿ progress
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Registered Dietitian (RD); Licensed Dietitian (LD) State of Texas within 60 days of hire
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): One year experience post Dietetic Internship preferred but not required. Master's Degree may substitute for 1 year work experience. Specialty certification recognized by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) may substitute for 1 year work experience.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): N/A
4. Equipment Operated: Computer, calculator, weight scale
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact/Public Speaking);
2. Other Skills: Analytical; Mathematics; Medical Terms; Statistical; P.C.; MS Word; MS Excel
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training (Specialty): Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Registered Dietitian (RD); Dietetic Internship preferred
4. Work Schedule: Flexible