Director, Employee Experience
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Director of Employee Experience is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all engagement operations. This role is responsible for leading and inspiring Community Health Choice (Community) employees to enhance employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and morale through providing timely and appropriate coaching and feedback to employees. The Director is a champion for our employees with the goal of developing a culture plan for Community. This role leads critical work to build and embed a Performance Culture within Community and drives the organization's performance management framework deeply grounded in equity. This Director leads cross-functional teams to address specific and emerging culture improvements the organization seeks to both seed and sustain and is responsible for driving the collective change vision and the strategy for the future state of Community Health Choice working with multiple stakeholders and strategic initiatives to create the future state of the way Community works though change. Additionally, this position is responsible for all Human Resources related communications, content, and employee branding materials, consistently maintaining a level of communication and execution aligned with the core values and mission of Community.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Learning and Development, or related field
- Five years of experience in human resources, culture development and employee engagement
- Three years of management experience required.
- Ability to manage complexity to achieve business results
- Ability to create an environment that supports and encourages respect, customer commitment, teamwork, enthusiasm and personal growth. Establish an expectation that people can be their authentic selves
- Knowledge of general change management principles, methodologies and tools
- History of leading Business Value, Design Thinking or Human Centered Change relevant workstreams.
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Superior knowledge and understanding of employee communications methodologies, tools and vehicles
- Ability to link communications plans and activities to business results
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.