Director, Outreach & Community Engagement
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Director, Outreach & Community Engagement is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of outreach strategies both internally and externally to increase awareness, referrals, and grow market share to Medicaid, Marketplace and DSNP populations served by Community. Acts as a Community representative to members and the broader community to maintain quality relationships with all current and potential members. Develops and maintains partnerships with community business partners, development agencies, health care organizations, community centers and non-profit organizations serving low-income populations. Identifies opportunities to establish new partnerships to meet the needs of Community Members.
- Bachelor's in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Seven years working in a managed care or community based organization. Must include experience in Medicaid, Marketplace, DSNP or other governmental programs.
- Four years' management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret changes to business/regulatory environment, develop and implement solutions.
- Experience establishing and accomplishing strategic objectives for areas under their leadership, assuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Experience proactively identifying opportunities for improvement in effectiveness, community impact and other areas which positively impact outreach, enrollment and retention.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments and divisions on opportunities and objectives of common interest.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation of solutions and operational results to Executive Leadership as necessary.
- Effective use of data and reporting to drive business decisions and evaluate results.
- History of maintaining compliance with regulatory agency requirements and established service levels.
- Ability to develop and manage to budgets, justify and explain budget variances.
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.