Director, Product Development & Management - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Director, Product Development & Management is responsible for leading the organization in product planning and execution through its products lifecycle (Marketplace and Medicare). This position gathers and prioritizes requirements for the products, defines the vision for the products and collaborates with management from other departments, including, marketing, sales, and operations in order to ensure that financial and consumer satisfaction goals are met. The Director ensures that our products support Community's overall strategy and goals and is responsible for gathering and implementing product development policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree Marketing, Business or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Seven years’ experience in product management in a Health Plan or marketing or advertising. Direct cross-functional activities required to implement and manage ongoing performance of multiple products, services, programs, and marketing strategies preferred
- Four years experience with Health Plan/insurance product/services.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Process orientation; demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Project management skills - will have demonstrated the ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key stakeholders, and manage others to achieve desired results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills