Epic Business Analyst III - Beaker AP/CP
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The Epic Business Analyst III ensures that the operational interests of their respective functional areas are being fully represented in the day-to-day operations of the Information Systems Department. This role supports all application deployed within Harris Health System.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Computer Science Bachelor Degree or Related Experience
Work Experience :
- 5+ Years within I.S.
- Three (3) Years Hospital Health Care Organizations Business Analysis
Management Experience : Resource Oversight experience
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) Writing/Composing (Correspondence/ Reports)
Other Skills: Analytical, Design, Research, Statistical
TYPICAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE PERFORMED
1. Must fully understand functional processes and business rules related to the applications being implemented/supported
2. Participate in requirements analysis sessions and develop design specifications for reports and application configuration (may be called on to facilitate small analysis sessions)
3. Participate in process workflow sessions and develop workflow maps (may be called on to facilitate small workflow sessions)
4. Must have a thorough understanding of the limitations and opportunities presented by the applications supported
5. Must be able to recommend process improvements based upon industry standard in addition to resolving integrated process issues.
6. Coordinate with Vendors on the implementation of their products
7. Identify tasks and levels of effort for the implementation of solutions
8. Configure applications with minimal input from more experienced analysts and assist less experienced employees
9. Assist Manager/Director with interviewing potential candidates
10. Report project activity and status to management
11. Identify, resolve and escalate project issues (when necessary) in a reasonable period of time
12. Develop clear and concise documentation that facilitates repeatable configuration and migration of the applications
13. Provide information to I.T. Education as needed to support training activities
14. Develop and execute test scripts that thoroughly exercise the system
15. Perform application troubleshooting and problem solving
16. Must be able to handle multiple activities simultaneously, be able to prioritize effectively, and meet overlapping deadlines
17. Escalate issues appropriately and expeditiously
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.