Epic Clinical eLearning ID
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Epic Clinical eLearning Instructional Designer plans, develops, and delivers educational activities and instructional materials for computer/information system projects. The Epic Clinical eLearning Instructional Designer is responsible for the creation of highly technical system eLearning training programs utilizing all functions of the Instructional Design Model. The Epic Clinical eLearning Instructional Designer must have experience with instructional design/development methodologies, adult learning methodology/techniques, and is able to contribute to a team in a goal-directed manner.
Bachelor's Degree in information technology, education, business administration, communications, healthcare, or related area required, or four (4) years' related equivalent experience in lieu of degree. Epic Certification required within one (1) year of hire date.
- Five (5) years' teaching technical systems training with strong curriculum development experience to include use of Instructional Systems Design (ISD). Experience in adult education required.
- Two (2) years' of healthcare experience required.
- One (1) year of developing instructor-led technical systems training material.
- Two (2) years' of developing eLearning technical systems training material.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in design and development of on-line learning modules.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and eLearning software - Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate.
- Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
- Strong proficiency in writing, editing, and grammatical skills.
- Ability to edit, splice, trim voiceover audio. Certified in or proficient in Epic products required.
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, leadership, and teaching skills.
Equipment Operated: Customary office equipment including but not limited to PC, copier, fax, etc.
Communication Skills: Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking); Writing /Composing; (Correspondence/Reports)
Other Skills: Analytical; Design; Medical Terms; P.C.; Research; Statistical
Advanced Education: Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology, Education, Business Administration, Communications, Healthcare, or related area preferred.
Work Schedule: Flexible; Travel
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize projects/assignments/tasks/reports.
- Uses excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as an ability to work effectively with other employees, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to be flexible with different customers and a variety of learning styles.
- Ability to provide insight into usability from a user's perspective.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of current technology concepts, terms, and methodologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies and business applications.