Epic Clinical ILT ID (Instructor Led Training Instructional Designer)
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The Epic Clinical ILT Instructional Designer plans, develops, and delivers educational activities and instructional materials for computer/information system projects. The Epic Clinical ILT Instructional Designer is responsible for the creation of highly technical system instructor led training programs utilizing all functions of the Instructional Design Model. The Epic Clinical ILT Instructional Designers must have experience with instructional design/development methodologies, adult learning methodology/techniques, and is able to contribute to a team in a goal-directed manner.
Bachelor's Degree in information technology, education, business administration, communications, healthcare, or related area, or four (4) years' related/equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
Epic Certification required within one (1) year of hire date.
- Five (5) years' teaching technical systems training with strong curriculum development experience to include use of Instructional Systems Design (ISD).
- Experience in adult education required.
- Two (2) years' of healthcare experience required.
- One (1) year of developing instructor-led technical systems training material.
Customary office equipment including but not limited to PC, copier, fax, etc.
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking); Writing/Composing; (Correspondence/Reports)
Analytical; Design; Medical Terms; P.C.; Research; Statistical
Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology, Education, Business Administration, Communications, Healthcare, or related area preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize projects/assignments/ tasks/reports.
- Uses excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as an ability to work effectively with other employees, and other stakeholders.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in design and development of instructor-led learning modules.
- Strong proficiency in writing, editing, and grammatical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Certified in or proficient in Epic products required.
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, leadership, and teaching skills.
- Ability to be flexible with different customers and a variety of learning styles.
- Ability to provide insight into usability from a user's perspective.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of current technology concepts, terms, and methodologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies and business applications.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.