Epic Clinical Principal Trainer Sr
Harris Health System is the public healthcare safety-net provider established in 1966 to serve the residents of Harris County, Texas. As an essential healthcare system, Harris Health champions better health for the entire community, with a focus on low-income uninsured and underinsured patients, through acute and primary care, wellness, disease management and population health services. Ben Taub Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center) and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (Level 3 Trauma Center) anchor Harris Health’s robust network of 39 clinics, health centers, specialty locations and virtual (telemedicine) technology. Harris Health is among an elite list of health systems in the U.S. achieving Magnet® nursing excellence designation for its hospitals, the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered clinics and health centers and its strong partnership with nationally recognized physician faculty, residents and researchers from Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; and the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine at the University of Houston.
Skills / Requirements
The Senior Epic Clinical Principal Trainer is responsible for the training of end users of the assigned Epic application(s) on how to use the Epic system by following curriculum developed by the Epic Clinical Instructional Designers. The Senior Principal Trainer participates in formal classroom education delivery, training labs and "at the elbow support". The trainer will be expected to mentor Supplemental Analysts. The Senior Principal Trainer must successfully attain credentialing in the respective application.
Bachelor's Degree in information technology, education, business administration, communications, healthcare, or related area, or four (4) years' related/equivalent experience in lieu of degree. Epic Certification preferred within one (1) year of hire date. Epic Credentialed required within six (6) months of hire date.
- Three (3) years' experience in Information Technology required.
- One (1) year of healthcare experience required.
- Experience in adult education preferred.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills required.
Customary office equipment including but not limited to PC, copier, fax, etc.
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking); Writing/Composing; (Correspondence /Reports)
Analytical; Design; Medical Terms; P.C.; Research; Statistical
Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology, Education, Business Administration, Communications, Healthcare, or related area preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize projects/assignments/ tasks/reports.
- Uses excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as an ability to work effectively with other employees, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to be flexible with different customers and a variety of learning styles.
- Ability to provide insight into usability from a user's perspective.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of current technology concepts, terms, and methodologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies and business applications. Proficient in MS Office Suite.