Epic Technical Analyst III
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Epic Technical Analyst III is responsible for operationalizing Epic change control processes and coordinating key Epic environment activities between the application analysts and the technical team. In addition, this person will setup and maintain the Epic Data Courier configuration to support analyst build migration activities.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Computer Science Bachelor's Degree or Related Experience
Work Experience: 3-5 Years within I.S. One (1) year Hospital/Health Care Organizations.
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking), Writing /Composing Correspondence, Reports
Other Skills: Analytical, Design, Research, Statistical
Work Schedule: On Call
Typical Duties That May Be Performed:
- Adhere to change control policies.
- Maintain data migration strategy and manage large data loads.
- Manage and monitor the Data Courier migration process.
- Assist IT application teams with Imports, ETAN’s, Epic Workstation and Printer set-ups, account creation and updates, and various Epic Technical functions.
- Provide assistance to the Project manager for ongoing loads of Epic Interim Update (IUs) and Special Updates (SUs) Communicate environment activities (for example, refreshes, downtimes, upgrades, and patches) and enforce proper environment use (build, testing, training, etc.).
- Assist with creation and assignments of Standardized Epic Security templates.
- Provide mentorship for junior level members of the Epic Technical Team.
The Ideal Epic Technical Analyst III should:
- Be a leader and strong communicator who interacts well with both application and technical team members.
- Be process-oriented with a critical eye for detail.
- Be assertive and willing to hold team members accountable for following established policy and procedure.
- Possess strong organizational skills to manage complex changes with a variety of interdependent pieces.
- Possess technical aptitude sufficient to learn Epic data structures.
- Possess technical aptitude sufficient to learn how to setup, maintain, and troubleshoot Epic’s Data Courier interfaces.
- Possess technical aptitude to become certified in Epic Chronicles Install Utilities.
- Possess technical aptitude to become certified in Epic Data Courier Administration.
- Possess technical aptitude to become certified as Epic Cache and System Manger.