Facility Engineer Journeyman Technician / HVAC
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair to include, but not limited to, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, and other misc. infrastructure systems.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School or GED. Ability to read, write, and comprehends English (job- related instruction). Journeyman level license or equivalent certification required. All candidates must be able to pass the skill assessment for this level or above established by the Facilities Engineering Department.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Four years building maintenance experience preferred, including demonstrating ability to troubleshoot complex maintenance problems.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area):
4. Equipment Operated: Valid Texas Drivers License preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills:
P.C. CMMS Access
Advance Training Specialty: Journeyman level License or equivalent certification, or 1st Grade Stationary Engineering ' City of Houston, or trade/craft specific licensure or certification
3. Work Schedule: Weekends Holidays Flexible Overtime Travel On Call