Facility Maintenance Journeyman-Carpentry - 2nd Shift - Ben Taub Hospital
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Completes assigned preventative maintenance of building components and assist in maintenance and repairs of the infrastructure systems including, but not limited to, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Pneumatic Tube, and others.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- High School or GED required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehends English (job-related instruction).
- Technical class work required.
- All candidates must be able to pass the skill assessment for this level or above established by the Facilities Engineering Department.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area):
- Four years commercial carpentry, building maintenance, or related craft experience preferred, including ability to perform advanced building and equipment maintenance activities.
- Hospital experience preferred.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): Not Required
4. Equipment Operated: All tools related to the job requirements.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports)
2. Other Skills:
P.C. CMMS Access
Work Schedule: Weekends Flexible Overtime