Financial Analyst Senior - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
- Collaborate and communicate with users of financial reporting internally and externally in a matrixed environment
- Look for innovation opportunities in the financial reporting space that can be leveraged across multiple businesses
- Perform certain month-end closing activities in a timely and accurate manner, including but not limited to journal entries, accruals and business reports as well as ensure compliance with company policies and meet closing deadlines
- Support the year end audit process working with external auditors and various business accounting groups
- Coordinate and analytically evaluate the quarter/year end financials and explain key drivers to management
- Assist in implementing a process improvement opportunities for Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Balance Sheet reconciliations for Community Health Choice
- Provide guidance on treatment for complex accounting topics
- Assist in implementation of new accounting standards and the resulting reporting requirements
- Perform accounting activities in compliance with financial, regulatory, and corporate accounting policies and guidelines
- Apply appropriate internal controls in a changing business transformational environment
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA active certification.
- Work Experience (Years and Area):
- 3 to 5 years' experience in an Accounting/Finance focused role that required a working knowledge of Accounting processes, US GAAP requirements and Financial Reporting.
- Public Accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Healthcare providers or Health Plans experience is a plus
- Management Experience (Years and Area):
- 3 years in a matrixed environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365 with intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Exce3 experience (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
- Experience using Peoplesoft/Enterprise Resource Planning and relational database technologies
Work Schedule: Flexible
RESPONSIBLE TO: Supervisor/Manager
EMPLOYEE SUPERVISED: None