Graduate Nurse Residency Program
The Harris Health System Graduate Nurse Residency Program is an evidence-based and organizationally-constructed program whose goals include best-practice guidelines aimed at supporting new graduates transition to practice.
Our nursing residency program is a structured one-year learning experience focused on the nurse residency clinical specialty area. Each nurse resident will be assigned a qualified preceptor to help the novice nurse grow and expand knowledge and skills. Residents take part in learning activities and extended clinical experiences that focus on transitioning them into a safe clinical practice.
Harris Health System provides comprehensive day-1 benefits, incredible career and educational opportunities, and highly competitive salaries.
The GN Residency Program 2020 is now accepting applications for the Spring 2020 session.
Harris Health System GN Residency Program is a two (2) tier application process. Application submission starts on September 1.
Deadline date to complete BOTH steps: September 28.
- Step 1: Complete an online application to: Graduate Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 job opening #146903
- Step 2: Submit Residency Requirements as listed below as one (1) PDF FILE upon completion of the online application via email: GNPROGRAM@harrishealth.org
Please read carefully and complete ALL screening questions upon applying for this position.
Incomplete GN Packets will not be accepted.
Residency Requirements for the GN Packet:
- Graduate nurse with less than one year experience
- GN Packet Checklist (HR will provide upon completion of the first step)
- Current copy of resume
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (BSN required)
- Current “unofficial” nursing school transcript (Official transcript to be submitted upon hire). Ideal candidate will have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- GN Permit or RN license from the state of TX prior to beginning employment
- Current AHA/BLS Healthcare Provider
- Two professional letters of recommendation (Examples: current nursing faculty/supervisor or previous employer)
The start date of this residency program will occur on February 17, 2020.
Please submit an application to job opening #146903.
LATE APPLICATIONS will not be accepted after September 28th.
Please submit questions to: GNPROGRAM@harrishealth.org.