Interested in our Fellowship Program?
We are committed to providing nurses with opportunities to develop themselves professionally and to set the standard for nursing achievement at Harris Health.
Please submit questions to: GNPROGRAM@harrishealth.org
Graduate Nurse Residency Program
The Harris Health System Graduate Nurse Residency Program is an evidence-based and organizationally-constructed program whose goals include best-practice guidelines aimed at supporting new graduates transition to practice.
Our nursing residency program is a structured one-year learning experience focused on the nurse residency clinical specialty area. Each nurse resident will be assigned a qualified preceptor to help the novice nurse grow and expand knowledge and skills. Residents take part in learning activities and extended clinical experiences that focus on transitioning them into a safe clinical practice.
Harris Health System provides comprehensive day-1 benefits, incredible career and educational opportunities, and highly competitive salaries.
The GN Residency Program 2020 is now accepting applications for the Spring 2020 session.
Harris Health System GN Residency Program is a two (2) tier application process. Application submission starts on September 1.
Deadline date to complete BOTH steps: September 28.
Incomplete GN Packets will not be accepted.
Residency Requirements for the GN Packet:
- Graduate nurse with less than one year experience
- GN Packet Checklist (HR will provide upon completion of the first step)
- Current copy of resume
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (BSN required)
- Current “unofficial” nursing school transcript (Official transcript to be submitted upon hire). Ideal candidate will have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- GN Permit or RN license from the state of TX prior to beginning employment
- Current AHA/BLS Healthcare Provider
- Two professional letters of recommendation (Examples: current nursing faculty/supervisor or previous employer)
The start date of this residency program will occur on February 17, 2020.
LATE APPLICATIONS will not be accepted after September 28th.
Please submit questions to: GNPROGRAM@harrishealth.org.