Graduate Nurse Residency Program
The Harris Health System Graduate Nurse Residency Program is an evidence-based and organizationally-constructed program whose goals include best-practice guidelines aimed at supporting new graduates transition to practice.
Our nursing residency program is a structured one-year learning experience focused on the nurse residency clinical specialty area. Each nurse resident will be assigned a qualified preceptor to help the novice nurse grow and expand knowledge and skills. Residents take part in learning activities and extended clinical experiences that focus on transitioning them into a safe clinical practice.
Harris Health System provides comprehensive Day 1 benefits along with a RN Student Loan Repayment program (offered upon residency completion), incredible careere and educational opportunities along with a highly competitive salary.
The application process for Summer 2021 is now closed. We will be accepting applications in the fall for Spring 2022.
Residency Requirements for the GN Packet:
- Graduate nurse with less than one year experience
- GN Packet Checklist (HR will provide upon completion of the first step)
- Current copy of resume
- Current “unofficial” nursing school transcript (Official transcript to be submitted upon hire). Ideal candidate will have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- GN Permit or RN license from the state of TX prior to beginning employment
- Current AHA/BLS Healthcare Provider
- Two professional letters of recommendation (Examples: current nursing faculty/supervisor or previous employer)
Please submit questions to: GNPROGRAM@harrishealth.org.
RN Fellowship Program
About the Fellowship
This 12-week program provides a specialized orientation process that includes exceptional didactic and clinical experiences for novice and advanced beginner nurses.
Applications for the RN FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM for Ben Taub and LBJ will open fall 2021.
Submit questions to: RNFELLOWSHIP@harrishealth.org