Graduate Nurse Residency Program
The Harris Health System Graduate Nurse Residency Program is an evidence-based and organizationally-constructed program whose goals include best-practice guidelines aimed at supporting new graduates transition to practice.
Our nursing residency program is a structured one-year learning experience focused on the nurse residency clinical specialty area. Each nurse resident will be assigned a qualified preceptor to help the novice nurse grow and expand knowledge and skills. Residents take part in learning activities and extended clinical experiences that focus on transitioning them into a safe clinical practice.
Harris Health System provides comprehensive day-1 benefits, incredible career and educational opportunities, and highly competitive salaries.
GN Residency Program will accept applications for the summer 2021 program February 2021. Check back later for more information.
Residency Requirements for the GN Packet:
- Graduate nurse with less than one year experience
- GN Packet Checklist (HR will provide upon completion of the first step)
- Current copy of resume
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (BSN required)
- Current “unofficial” nursing school transcript (Official transcript to be submitted upon hire). Ideal candidate will have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- GN Permit or RN license from the state of TX prior to beginning employment
- Current AHA/BLS Healthcare Provider
- Two professional letters of recommendation (Examples: current nursing faculty/supervisor or previous employer)
Please submit questions to: GNPROGRAM@harrishealth.org.
RN Fellowship Program
RN Fellowship Program is now accepting applications for Ben Taub and LBJ Hospital. Please apply to #151728
This is NOT the GN Residency Program. If you are a NEW GRAD nurse please apply to our GN Residency Program, Requisition #151820.