Graduate Nurse Residency Program
The Harris Health System Graduate Nurse Residency Program is an evidence-based and organizationally-constructed program whose goals include best-practice guidelines aimed at supporting new graduates transition to practice.
Our nursing residency program is a structured one-year learning experience focused on the nurse residency clinical specialty area. Each nurse resident will be assigned a qualified preceptor to help the novice nurse grow and expand knowledge and skills. Residents take part in learning activities and extended clinical experiences that focus on transitioning them into a safe clinical practice.
Harris Health System provides comprehensive day-1 benefits, incredible career and educational opportunities, and highly competitive salaries.
- Current copy of resume
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (BSN required)
- GN Permit or RN license from the state of TX prior to beginning employment
- Graduate nurse with less than one year of experience
- Ideal candidate will have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Current nursing school transcript (Official transcript to be submitted by initial interview)
- Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider
- Two professional letters of recommendation (Examples: current nursing faculty/supervisor or previous employer)
The application process for Summer 2018 is now closed. We will be accepting applications in the fall for the Spring 2019 session.
Please submit questions to: GNPROGRAM@harrishealth.org
Meet our Nursing Education Staff:
Kathy Emmite MSN, RN — Director of Nursing Education
Deven Barriault MSN, RN — Nursing Instructor
Louly Contreras BSN, RN, CNOR — Nursing Instructor
Talent Acquisition: Elle Pallugna — Program Manager