Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Information Security Project Manager reports to Manager Information Security Risk Management. Supports multiple security risk assessment projects concurrently from initiation to completion. Responsible for creating milestone schedules, resource assignments, status reporting and tracking. Must be a detail-oriented individual that can ensure that each project is completed on time and within the estimated budget. Knowledge for GRC tools (RSAM) and information security practices is a must. Assists with creation and updates to information security policies and standards as needed.
Bachelors degree Computer Science, Information System - Preferred
Licenses & Certification
PMP, CISA, HCISPP, CRISC, CISM- Preferred
- 2 Years of Experience - Knowledge of HIPAA Security rule, HITECH, Payment Card Industry (PCI), NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- In addition, understanding of NIST SP 800-53r4, COBIT, and ITIL frameworks preferred.
- RSAM or other GRC tools experience preferred.
- Previous IT project and/or risk management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PMP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, HCISPP highly desirable or must be obtained within 6 months of accepting position.
Exceptional Verbal (Public Speaking) Writing/ Correspondence/ Reports
Typical Duties That May Be Performed
- Support both the risk management and security operations areas with tracking of projects and deliverables
- Experience with change management to adapt to changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools to initiate, prepare (definitions/scope/requirements), execute & control (scope, work plans, resources, deliverables, quality assurance, transition planning, etc.), and close (completion and acceptance)
- Strong organization, time management, communication and client-facing skills with excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to change priorities quickly and demonstrate flexibility to be able to provide creative solutions for clients
- High volume projects (20-40) not necessarily all active at once).
- Support tasks and portions of the project scope on engagements related IT project management office (PMO), MedCap and Harris county purchasing department
- Perform analysis and diagnose project issues while demonstrating an understanding of the security environment and overall project scope
- Interfacing directly with the Mgr-Information Security Risk Management and Security Operations, schedule coordination, and planning responsibilities.
- Have close tabs on the CISO's daily workload and schedule, as well as team leads, and be able to anticipate meetings or the escalation of high priority issues
- In compliance with Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, only those employees who have been deemed "qualified" by Harris Health System may use his or her second language to perform his or her job duties, as described in this job description. Please see Harris Health Policy 3.52, Non-Discrimination in Access to Services, Programs, and Facilities for additional information.
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.