MDM Applications Developer - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
Application Developer duties include:
Design/Develop/Maintain company custom applications using .net technologies and Microsoft SQL server database
Design/Develop/Maintain custom reports using Microsoft Reporting Services
Analyze failures in batch job and provide solutions
Requirements gathering and documentation from end user and trading partners to ensure quality solutions
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
- Work Experience (Year and Area):
- Four plus (4+) years in web development experience. Healthcare industry knowledge is a plus
- MDM experience strongly preferred.
· Working experience with developing .NET web applications with emphasis on ASP.net in VB
· Working experience in developing Web Services
· Working experience in best practices on website security implementation
· Working experience in administrating Microsoft IIS 7.0 and higher
· Working experience developing VB.NET desktop applications
· Working experience in administrating MS SQL Server and developing Stored procedures
· Working experience with MS Visual Studio and Visual Studio Sourcesafe
· Working experience with database driven application programming
· Ability to design and implement best practice workflow and standard for ease of use
· Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts
· Complex problem solving and documentation skills
· Fluent in English language - good written and verbal skills
· Passion for technology and Commitment to quality
· Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
The following experiences are desirable:
· Experience with VBScript, Java, COM/DCOM objects
· Experience with MSFT IIS Web Server
· Experience with user authentication
· Understanding the software development life cycle, design and use of software requirements, design and testing documents.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy User and Public Contact), Writing/composing user instructions & procedures, Correspondence, Reports
Other Skills: Analytical, CRT, Mathematics, Word Processing
Advanced Education: Specialty: See Above
Bachelor's Degree Major: MIS or Computer Science
Work Schedule: Flexible
Other Requirements: Some late nights and weekends required for special projects.