Mgr-Pat Acct & Rev Svcs
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Assists the Associate Administrator or Director of Patient Accounts in managing and coordinating the daily operations of the Patient Financial Services (PFS) Bad Debt Collections, Billing, Customer Service, Follow Up, Payment Posting, Refund/Credit Balances, and Medicaid Pending Departments. Manages appropriate levels of staff during various shifts which include patient account representatives, Patient Accounts management support staff, bad debt representatives, payment clerks, Customer Service representatives, Insurance Verification/Coordinator staff, and Follow Up specialists. Manages the revenue cycle process, billing and collections of patient accounts, payment postings, bad debt collections, customer service call center and satisfaction, insurance verification, Medicaid pending process, and follow up operations.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience. Preferred knowledge of EPIC Business Systems ' at least 1 year experience.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 5-7 years healthcare experience in a large hospital environment preferred. Knowledge of patient registration, patient accounts, and/or billing system preferred.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): 3-5 years supervisory/management experience
4. Equipment Operated: Personal Computer and Microsoft Office applications
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Bilingual Skills Required: No
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, Mathematics, P.C., Statistical, Typing, Word Proc.
3. Work Schedule: Flexible
4. Other Requirements: Must be able to interact successfully in a culturally diverse environment.