Nurse Residency Program
The Harris Health System Nurse Residency Program is an evidence-based and organizationally-constructed program whose goals include best-practice guidelines aimed at supporting new graduates transition to practice.
Our nursing residency program is a structured one-year learning experience focused on the nurse residency clinical specialty area. Each nurse resident will be assigned a qualified preceptor to help the novice nurse grow and expand knowledge and skills. Residents take part in learning activities and extended clinical experiences that focus on transitioning them into a safe clinical practice.
Harris Health System provides comprehensive Day 1 benefits along with a RN Student Loan Repayment program (offered upon residency completion), incredible career and educational opportunities along with a highly competitive salary.
The nurse residency program is now accepting applications. Our application window is September 1 – 22, 2021 for a program start date of February 14, 2022.
Harris Health System Nurse Residency Program is a two (2) tier application process.
Application deadline date to complete BOTH steps: September 22
Late applications and incomplete Nurse Residency Packets will NOT be accepted.
Step 1: Submit an online application to our Spring Nurse Residency program, Job Posting #156490Apply Now
Step 2: Submit Residency Requirements upon completion of the online application as one (1) PDF FILEGNPROGRAM@harrishealth.org
Residency Requirements for Nurse Residency Packet
- Graduate nurse with less than one year experience
- Nurse Residency Survey Questionnaire (This will be provided upon completion of Step I by Human Resources department)
- Current copy of resume
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (Bachelor preferred)
- Ideal candidate will have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
Residency Requirements upon Hire
- Official nursing school transcript (Official transcript)
- Current AHA or American Red Cross (ARC) life support certification card for BLS will be submitted and must be valid for six (6) months or more upon hire
- Two professional letters of recommendation to the “ATTN: Nurse Residency Program” (examples: current nursing faculty/supervisor or previous employer)
- RN license from the state of TX prior to beginning employment
RN Fellowship Program
About the Fellowship
This 12-week program provides a specialized orientation process that includes exceptional didactic and clinical experiences for novice and advanced beginner nurses.
RN Fellowship Program Fall 2021 is now accepting applications. The start date of the program will occur on November 22.
For more information, contact: RNFELLOWSHIP@harrishealth.org