Nursing Program Manager - Chest Pain - Ben Taub Hospital
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Chest Pain Program Manager (CPPM) is responsible for managing all services required to meet the individual health needs of patients admitted for chest pain. The CCPM applies expertise in ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI)/ Non-STEMI (NSTEMI) care and facilitates: patient care, multidisciplinary communication and collaboration, initiation of new consultation, quality assessment/audit; and leads/participates in education, data collection/reporting and research. The CCPM utilizes available resources to promote quality and cost effective outcomes.
1. Education/specialized training/licensure:
a. Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a bachelors degree in nursing required. Masters degree in nursing preferred.
i. Certification in clinical specialty recommended; if not held at the time of appointment, must achieve within one year of hire
ii. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas; current American Heart Association Basic Life Support and Advanced Life Support
2. Work experience: Three (3) years of clinical nursing experience in cardiovascular/CCU ICU, cath lab or emergency department. Data management, performance improvement processes and clinical analysis experience preferred
3. Management experience: Two (2) years in management or supervisory capacity.
4. Equipment Operated: Computer skills in Windows environment, word processing, data base
management and reporting spreadsheets.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Bilingual Skills Required: No
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports)
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terms, P.C., Statistical, Word Proc,, Excel, Word and power point
3. Work Schedule:
4. Other Requirements: Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to read and interpret medical records and laboratory reports. Accuracy and thoroughness; ability to work independently.