Ophthalmology Tech II COA - Ben Taub Hospital
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Assist Ophthalmologist in screening, diagnosing and treating patients with eye disorders.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: COA Certification from Joint Commission on Applied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology required. Completion of Associates of Applied Science Degree preferred. Will accept certification eligibility in lieu of COA if AAS is completed upon hire; certification must be attained within 6 months of hire in this circumstance.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): One year direct experience preferred.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): None
4. Equipment Operated: Proficiency with diagnostic ophthalmology equipment including fundus camera, keratometer, A/B scan, IOL calculations, tonometry, visual fields, etc.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Bilingual Skills Required: No Languages: Spanish preferred
2. Other Skills:
3. Work Schedule: Flexible, Overtime