Respiratory Care Practitioner II / NICU Experience - LBJ Hospital / Full-Time - Days 7am-7pm
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
A Registered Respiratory Therapist has been validated by successful completion of NBRC requirements for professional RCP license and has greater than 1 year work experience in respiratory care.
Provides all aspects of Respiratory Care to patients in assigned areas according to hospital and departmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Care program or its equivalent
- Greater than 1 year clinical experience in respiratory care, preferably in neonatal and/or adult intensive care units.
- Current licensure from Texas Medical Board to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- Current BLS is mandatory and must be maintained.
- NRP is mandatory and must be maintained if assigned to work in the neonatal ICU.
- NICU EXPERIENCE HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be knowledgeable in the current practices of Respiratory Care including protocol management.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally with other members of the health care team.
- Must have the ability to build and sustain interpersonal relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Patient care units including critical care and ER.
- Exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Universal precautions required.
- Extended periods of walking and standing required.
- Minimal lifting, pushing and pulling required.
- Normal shift work of 12 hours.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.