Sales Representative - Medicare Field - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Medicare Sales Representative sells individual health plan products and services in a field setting by conducting sales presentations to potential qualified Medicare participants at their homes, doctors' offices, community organizations, etc. using approved governmental guidelines. The sales representative identifies and nurtures new provider and community referral opportunities and relationships, initiates sales opportunities with seniors-individually or in groups-to sell individual health plan policies, and makes on-site presentations to prospective seniors or senior groups to increase enrollment and meet organizational sales objectives and goals.
- HS diploma required, college degree preferred,
- Texas Life and Health Insurance License required,
- Multi-lingual preferred (Chinese/Cantonese/Vietnamese/Spanish)
- One year selling Medicare Advantage products required
- Analytical, Mathematics, Research, Statistical, MS Word, MS Excel
- Must possess a valid Texas driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
- Must live within a commutable distance of the assigned territory and be willing to travel 60% or more of the time. Mileage reimbursed
- Strong presentation skills to present to a group or an individual
- Basic public relation and event planning proficiency
- Ability to convert general interest to a lead, and a lead to a sale / convert general interest to a grassroots provider or community center into an opportunity
- Ability to develop self-generated lead opportunities
- Ability to expand sales efforts across multiple products as appropriate
- Ability to develop a territory, manage contacts, and exercise long-term vision approach; knowledge of marketing strategy, Value Proposition
Please be advised: Effective Wednesday, September 1st, 2021, with the exception of those who receive an approved exemption, all new hires must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by the second Friday of employment.
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community Health Choice (CHC)