Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The shuttle driver will be responsible for providing and enforcing safe travel for Harris Health System employees utilizing the employee shuttle; he/she will transport employees to and from Holly Hall/Smith campus to the Ben Taub campus by following the shuttle predetermined route schedule. Driver interaction with staff will be friendly, helpful and professional at all times.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School Diploma or GED. CPR training must be completed within six months of employment. Valid Texas Drivers License (CDL B w/Passenger P Endorsement)). Clean driving record and flexible hours.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 1 year
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): None
4. Equipment Operated: Shuttle Bus, Motorola 6000 radio
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Bilingual Skills Required No
2. Other Skills: P.C., Typing
3. Advanced Education:
4. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, Overtime
5. Other Requirements: E-1 availability during disaster situations. Must be able to understand the English Language and communicate it effectively in both verbal and written form.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Designated Supervisor
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: None