Sr HR Employee Data Management Specialist
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Sr HR Employee Data Management Specialist
The Senior HR Employee Data Management Specialist acts as key liaison between HR and Harris Health System management to help ensure compliance with HR standards for regulatory agencies with special focus on Regulatory Readiness. Has responsibility for HR file audits to ensure the required documentation related to employee competencies. Collaborates with management or designated departmental representatives to correct identified deficiencies. Provides assistance for various aspects of survey preparation and review exercising good judgment, analytical and critical thinking skills. Demonstrated accuracy and attention to details to complete audits in timely manner. Maintains required information using Harris Health System adopted software. Other responsibilities include nursing employee license verification and completion of departmental orientation form for new hires. Point of contact for more complex requests.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, HR, or related field (And) Two (2) Years Work Experience in Human Resources, preferably in a healthcare environment
High School Diploma / GED (And) Five (5) Years Work Experience in Human Resources, preferably in a healthcare environment
Verbal/Written Additional details
Above Average Verbal Communication (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (Public Speaking)
Writing – Correspondence and Reports
Proficiencies - MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word
Personal Computer - Typing Between 30 & 39 Words Per Minute
Other Knowledge Skills or Abilities Survey, Scanning
Type of Schedule Additional detail - Overtime
Reports To Position - Designated Supervisor
Equipment Operated PC, Scanner
TYPICAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE PERFORMED
1. Assists with generating lists for random audits by pavilion on a monthly basis.
- Maintains all records and reports that are contained on paper, computer, microfilm and other media in the organization.
- Coordinates with departments involved in report analysis, records management analysis and clerical micrographics.
- Effectively maintains records, ensuring requirements of legal, financial and administrative departments are met.
- Involved in developing better means of maintaining records.
- Involved in ways to manage and upkeep data better.
- Conducts/coordinates the completion of the HR file audits in a timely and thorough manner including entering results in Readiness Rounds software by the agreed deadlines.
2. Performs the file audit to determine compliance with HR regulatory and Survey standards including but not limited to the following:
- Completeness of credentialing/licensure requirements at the point of hire
- Organization, department and job orientation, including initial job competence assessment
- Required annual training related to the organization or the specific job duties
- Initial and on-going competence assessment
3. Identifies and documents deficiencies; develops action plan for follow up to correct deficiencies with the appropriate department and 'HR' process owner and District departmental representatives.
4. Prepares monthly dashboard that feeds into the division/pavilion/district levels.
5. Works with HR and regulatory chapter facilitator to ensure regulatory HR processes and files are compliant; makes and implements on-going charges to ensure quality audit process
6. Verifies employee licenses, registrations and certifications. Updates profile with renewal licensure/certification for any lic/cert required.
- Sends automated 60/30 days Lic/Cert notification to employee and Reports To.
- Sends 5 day Lic/Cert Notification to Employee Relations.
7. Scans and indexes all new hire paperwork.
- Scans / Indexes incoming forms daily
- Reviews scanned batches
- Maintains the scanning for all new hires
8. Verifies current and past employment; Phone Inquiry, Written Inquiry
9. Coordinates the completion of Departmental Orientation form for new hires
10. Non Employees ' Approves/Updates/Terminates/Reactivates. Completes lookup and verifies person if new or previously in PeopleSoft prior to approving/adding/reactivating. Answers and troubleshoots daily calls regarding process and status. Adds licensure/certification to profile for required classifications. Coordinates/Communicates with LRC and TAM adding Non Employee to General Orientation.
11. Fulfills Subpoena request on timely manner.
12. Provides records for TPIA (Texas Public Information Act) requests
13. Answers questions related to employment verification via the Work Number
14. Completes and notarizes required documents such as CNA renewal, loan forgiveness and others as requested.
15. Continuously monitors workflow processes to ensure data integrity, gain efficiencies and provides improvement recommendations
16. Audits post hires to ensure effectiveness for requirements related to minimum qualification per job description and validate data captured in PeopleSoft. Works with Talent Acquisition team to ensure documentation is submitted timely. Provides monthly audit results.
17. Works on complex/special projects as requested by HR management
18. Responds to inquiries on company seniority date. Conducts research and determines if years of services adjustment is deemed.
19. Supports and aids other HR Data Management staff in the resolution of requests and the analysis/diagnosis of problems.
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System's benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System's benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless of political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.