Sr Ops Manager - ACS
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Accountable for directing the operations and staff of multiple Ambulatory Care Centers within Harris Health System. The incumbent is responsible for all clinic operations oversight and ensuring the coordination among all clinical and non-clinical staff within the center. Accountable for budget planning, development and implementation for assigned Ambulatory Care Centers. This position provides oversight of at least 3 or more of the operational scope criteria defined below:
All center staff FTE: 50+
All Provider FTE: 30+
Specialty Service Lines: 5 or more service lines; or 3 or more site locations
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: BA/BS Degree required; MBA/MHA preferred
2. Work Experience: Four (4) years administrative experience in a health care setting
3. Management Experience: Four (4) or more years of practice or provider management experience in a three or more physician/provider practice, and/or multidisciplinary clinical environment (supervisory experience) or operational management experience of a service line. If Masters degree is held, two (2) years of management experience as defined above is acceptable.
4. Equipment Operated: Personal computer
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/ Reports)
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, P.C., Research, Statistical
3. Work Schedule: Holidays, Flexible, Travel, On-Call
4. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients and the public.
Skill in organizing work, delegating and achieving goals and objectives.
Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.