VP, Community Affairs - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, provides strategic direction and oversees all activities related to Community's corporate communications, brand marketing, and relationships with community-based organizations and other partners. Develops programs to address social determinants of health in addition to insured benefits, including programs for parenting skills, early childhood development, education and job training. Coordinates public relations and advocacy, external vendors and campaigns. Manages community benefit program and collaborates with Sales, Business Development, Community Outreach Marketing, and Member and Provider Services on mission-focused value-added benefits for benefit programs.
- BS/BA in related field required
- Five years experience in non-profit health care or health related social services required. Some Managed Care experience preferred.
- Five years healthcare or nonprofit management experience required.
- Analytical, Design, Medical Terms, Research, Statistical
- Non-Profit fundraising and/or management strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills: Heavy Public Contact, Public Speaking
- Writing /Composing, Correspondence/Reports