Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the coordination of all organization wide mock tracer and other process improvement activities including facilitating, initiating, providing support, and education. Ensures that the organization is in compliance with standards of regulatory and accreditation agencies (i.e. TJC, DNV, CMS, TDSHS, and other hospital licensing) at all times. Prepares, analyzes, and compiles statistics for reports. Assists to facilitate committee meeting as needed; assists with ethics and compliance issues as needed, assists in the workup and investigation of patient's complaints, and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors Degree, Nursing or other Allied Health preferred. Certified Specialist in Hospital Accreditation preferred.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 5 years of experience in Quality Management or Accreditation
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): 5 years of project management preferred
4. Equipment Operated: Personal Computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, window-based software programs (excel, power point, word etc.)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Design, Dictation/Transcription, Mathematics, Medical Terms, Word Processing, P.C., MS Excel, MS Power Point
3. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, Travel, Eligible for Telecommute
4.. Other Requirements: May require extended hours in addition to weekends/holidays for special projects.