Administrative Director Employee Relations
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, the Administrative Director Employee Relations has leadership responsibilities for Employee Relations and Leave Management. The incumbent will provide operational oversight for these functions including the development and administration of programs, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals, vision, mission and values of Harris Health System.
Degrees: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related area; Master's Degree preferred
Licenses & Certifications: Senior Professional in Human Resources preferred
Work Experience: Ten (10) years of experience in Human Resources. Human Resources experience in healthcare preferred.
Management Experience: Seven (7) years in HR Management including areas of Employee Relations and Diversity and Inclusion.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
Proficiencies: MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, P.C.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Analytical; Statistical
Work Schedule: Flexible
Equipment Operated: PC & regular office equipment. Must have knowledge of HRIS systems including PeopleSoft.
Typical Duties That May Be Performed:
- Strategic and business consulting: Identify, establish and cultivate relationships with business partners, understanding their business and identifying human capital needs in order to effectively ensure HR products and services meet operational needs. Maintain the role and the function as a true business partner that will continue to earn/gain the confidence of the organization and excel at interactions with the senior leadership team, and client groups supported.
- Organizational change and integration: Develop and maintains partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to leaders and employees, accelerating organization change and effectiveness.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans of leadership into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Assist in the planning and development of the appropriate organizational alignment and support systems to enhance Harris Health's evolving business needs and objectives.
- HR service delivery: Utilize measurement strategies to ensure that HR processes and solutions are efficient and effectively meet the needs of business partners. Analyze trends and metrics to develop and implement solutions, programs, processes and or policies to leverage opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Leadership: Provides vision and direction for HR Consulting and Employee Services group. Creates processes and experiences for the growth and development of the HR Team. Fosters teamwork and encourages strength through diversity. Reviews and approves resolution of complex/high level investigations, accommodations and work related situations.
- Other Duties and Special Projects: Perform other duties and special projects as may be assigned HR Leadership.
ServiceFIRST: Delivers exceptional customer service by embracing ServiceFIRST standards of behavior during all patient, visitor and staff encounters.
a. Friendliness: Make eye contact and smile. Introduce yourself; offer assistance.
b. Integrity: Ensure our customers' right to confidentiality. Do what you say you'll do. Exceed expectations.
c. Responsibility: Live Harris Health's mission. Be accountable and meet deadlines.
d. Satisfaction: Say words like, "my pleasure, " and "I'll be happy to." Give customers prompt and courteous service; keep them informed.
e. Teamwork: Respect and encourage co-workers so our customer's needs are met. Encourage co-workers and recognize them for a job well done.
HR Satisfaction: Works collaboratively with colleagues to deliver customer service that meets or exceeds expectations as evidenced by HR satisfaction scores.
In compliance with Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, only those employees who have been deemed "qualified" by Harris Health System may use his or her second language to perform his or her job duties, as described in this job description. Please see Harris Health Policy 3.52, Non-Discrimination in Access to Services, Programs, and Facilities for additional information.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 158568