Administrative Director of Strategic Initiatives
Harris Health System is the public healthcare safety-net provider established in 1966 to serve the residents of Harris County, Texas. As an essential healthcare system, Harris Health champions better health for the entire community, with a focus on low-income uninsured and underinsured patients, through acute and primary care, wellness, disease management and population health services. Ben Taub Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center) and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (Level 3 Trauma Center) anchor Harris Health’s robust network of 39 clinics, health centers, specialty locations and virtual (telemedicine) technology. Harris Health is among an elite list of health systems in the U.S. achieving Magnet® nursing excellence designation for its hospitals, the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered clinics and health centers and its strong partnership with nationally recognized physician faculty, residents and researchers from Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; and the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine at the University of Houston.
Skills / Requirements
Join Harris Health System as the Administrative Director of Strategic Initiatives in our dynamic Population Health Transformation department. We are actively seeking a highly qualified and accomplished professional to play a pivotal role in driving change, fostering innovation, and establishing strategic partnerships in the ever-evolving landscape of healthcare and health equity. This senior leader is responsible for providing strategic direction and subject matter expertise for a portfolio of high-priority, system-wide initiatives to impact the social, economic, and behavioral determinants of health, and for evaluating results for patient outcomes and care efficiency. The Administrative Director is experienced in targeting interventions to high-risk populations; working in a matrix organization to advance cross-departmental initiatives; and fostering strong, mutually beneficial partnerships in support of a sustainable care model. Working at the third largest safety-net healthcare system in the nation, the successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate a commitment to the people and communities we serve.
Key Skills Required:
- Change Management: Showcase your ability to synthesize extensive data swiftly, draw insightful conclusions, and define solutions that effectively drive decision-making. Previous experience in management consulting, change management, and project implementation, especially in leading transformation projects and consulting teams, is highly valued.
- Relationship-Building: Demonstrate a proven track record of developing robust internal and interdepartmental relationships. Showcase your ability to generate opportunities and collaborations with community-based organizations, contributing to a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Evaluation & Systems Thinking: Bring your operational expertise in systems thinking, process design, and evaluations to the forefront. Navigate through challenges with a high level of ambiguity, providing clarity and innovative solutions. Familiarity with Lean/Six Sigma methodologies is considered an advantageous asset.
- Healthcare Delivery Innovation & Leadership: Highlight your experience in leading cross-functional teams in matrixed organizations and contributing to innovative solutions in complex healthcare scenarios. We seek a seasoned leader with a strong drive for innovation and a commitment to raising the bar in quality, equitable patient care delivery.
- Scope out New Ideas: Rapidly assess and produce comprehensive written work products on new ideas, including evaluation of alignment to the departmental strategic roadmap. Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Maintain Connection with Implementation Teams: Collaborate with other Administrative Directors on expanding implementation projects requiring strategic assistance. Identify and address needs from Population Health teams, ensuring a seamless connection between strategy and implementation.
- Managing Relationships: Cultivate and manage relationships with internal leadership, responding promptly to high-priority requests from the CEO and Board of Trustees. Foster connections with academic partners, technical partners, and subject matter experts to enhance collaboration and drive innovation.
If you are a strategic thinker, an innovative leader, and possess the requisite skills to drive transformative change in healthcare, we invite you to consider this exciting opportunity with Harris Health System. Apply now and become an integral part of shaping the future of population health.
Masters - MPH, MBA, MHA, or related
8 Years of Experience:
- Experience providing oversight and strategic direction for accountable care and/or social determinants initiatives in healthcare delivery or managed care settings in coordination with organizational and departmental leadership;
- Expertise regarding key trends in population health science and care delivery reform;
- Experience vetting and implementing interventions that are responsive to stakeholder needs and training staff in technical skills;
- Excellent analytic and communication skills, including the ability to tailor communication for various audiences, to navigate ambiguous situations, and to facilitate understanding of complex or technical concepts;
- Diligence, attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to high-quality work.
4 Years of Experience:
- Demonstrated experience managing complex initiatives requiring a range of project and staff management skills, including ability to formulate strategies, advance organizational priorities, and delegate effectively to multiple team members;
- Outstanding supervisory skills, including demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and share knowledge with direct reports and other staff, as appropriate; to identify, develop, and retain top talent; and to advance organizational priorities with accountability and monitoring of performance.