Business Intelligence Analyst II
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Business Intelligence Analys II supports system-level analytics activities of a large integrated delivery system. Work product directly impacts information delivered to the Harris Health's Board of Trustees and Commissioners Court as well as the state of Texas and CMS. Participates in complex projects and initiatives across the system, which significantly impact business results, and require a large degree of cross-functional participation/coordination. The position supports the implementation of Finance information systems. This position works in close collaboration with IT Business Intelligence supporting many of the same or similar projects and deliverables. In concert with IT, the position and actively contributes, on the Finance side, to organizational initiatives in the development of business intelligence (BI) tools.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's Degree in IT, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred; or four (4) years of Business Intelligence work-related experience required in lieu of degree.
Work Experience: Three (3) years' of experience in a Senior Business Analyst capacity.
- Analysis, design and development of enterprise-class software
- Experience with data mapping in a data warehousing environment
- Experience in analyzing source systems and performing data mapping between disparate databases / data sources. In addition, working experience in performing gap analysis of the production data to validate business requirements.
- Healthcare experience.
Equipment Operated: Knowledge of EMR/Epic, Clarity, SAP Business Object tools (Business Intelligence), Oracle SQL, Allscripts EPSi Enterprise Analyst and Decision Support Suite, PeopleSoft.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Analytical, Design, Mathematics, Medical Terms, Research, Statistical Deployment, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Project Mgmt., Prod. Support, Development
Bachelor's Degree Major: Bachelor's Degree in IT, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred; or four (4) years of Business Intelligence work-related experience required in lieu of degree.
Work Schedule: Flexible, Eligible to Telecommute
- Knowledge of State, Medicare/ Medicaid, and other external regulatory agencies, reimbursement regulations and methodologies.
- Knowledge of decision sciences, cost accounting, finance, benchmark analysis, productivity reporting and delivery of healthcare services.
- Demonstrated detailed understanding of data and processing of data. Knowledge of the generally accepted coding standards and technical architectures.
- Ability to understand clinical and operational needs from a technical and financial perspective.
- Ability to motivate/lead teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Expert at facilitating group meetings. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze, report, and develop recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include presentation skills to upper management. Attention to detail. Problem solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications; demonstrated advanced functionality of Excel, Access, and SQL-based repositories.
The successful candidate will have certifications in Epic Clarity Data Model, experience in Business Intelligence, healthcare environment, revenue cycle knowledge of operations - patient pre-registration, registration, financial assistance eligibility, billing/collection; Epic HB is a "plus", SQL writing, Excel advanced formulae.