Business Intelligence Analyst II - Decision Support Svcs
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Business Intelligence Analyst II supports system-level analytics activities of a large integrated delivery system. Work product directly impacts information delivered to the Harris Health's Board of Trustees and Commissioners Court as well as the state of Texas and CMS. Participates in complex projects and initiatives across the system, which significantly impact business results, and require a large degree of cross-functional participation/coordination.
- Maintains weekly and monthly processing of EPSi from source systems along with yearly tables and other ad-hoc loads and processes
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of daily patient data imported into the DSS
- Validation and manipulation of source system information so that extracted information for the EPSi system is meaningful
- Development and maintenance of Product Lines and other hierarchical setups
- Participate in all aspects of system upgrades
- Loading and auditing monthly payroll and general ledger information and validation of system generated calculations
- Yearly cost center setup and processing established to ensure a consistent flow of data
- Develops annual cost standard review process and works with department managers and key personnel to develop and maintain accurate cost per unit values for each patient chargeable product
- Prepares monthly financial reports and analyses for departments and leaders where needed and as scheduled
- Meet with leaders and other customers to understand the scope, essential details, and required timeframe of the special project request
- Utilizes the EPSi decision support system and other sources of information to assimilate and analyze data and present results to management with proposed outcomes
- Adjusts analysis and presentation of the special projects as required
- Assist in preparing various Federal and State surveys
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred.
Work Experience: Three (3) years' of experience in a Senior Business Analyst capacity.
- Analysis, design and development of enterprise-class software
- Experience with data mapping in a data warehousing environment
- Experience in analyzing source systems and performing data mapping between disparate databases / data sources. In addition, working experience in performing gap analysis of the production data to validate business requirements.
- Healthcare experience.
Equipment Operated: Knowledge of EMR/Epic, Clarity, SAP Business Object tools (Business Intelligence), Oracle SQL, Allscripts EPSi Enterprise Analyst and Decision Support Suite, PeopleSoft.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Analytical, Design, Mathematics, Medical Terms, Research, Statistical Deployment, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Project Mgmt., Prod. Support, Development