Caterer - Ben Taub Hospital
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, organize, prepare and lead others in the presentation of approved catered events. Maintains accurate records of catered events.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: H.S. Diploma or GED, (Culinary Training and ServrSafe Certified preferred)
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Three years food preparation and catering
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): One year in a lead role in a food service or hospitality environment
4. Equipment Operated: Meat slicer, oven, steam cooker, deep fat fryer
1. Communication Skills:
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
2. Other Skills:
3. Work Schedule: Flexible
4. Other Requirements: Must be able to provide leadership and guidance in culinary service to assigned staff.