Chief Financial Officer
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer reports to the CEO and assumes a strategic role in the overall management of the organization. The CFO has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, and strategic planning, managing insurance functions, investment policies, potential partnerships or joint ventures, and maintenance of risk based capital. Responsible for preparation of and management of multi-year budgets, including revenue, medical cost and administrative expense budgets. Manages actuarial and underwriting functions, as well as the Analytics function that performs various financial analysis, projections and dashboard reporting for the entire organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics. Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Healthcare Administration, MBA, or related field preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Twelve years' experience in financial operations to include at least seven years of experience in a Managed Care environment.
- Ten years' experience required with preferred degree.
- Seven years management experience
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies and objectives for the organization as a member of Executive Leadership, as well as developing and implementing strategies and objectives for assigned areas of oversight.
- Skilled at developing, implementing, and reporting regarding both organizational and departmental budgets.
- Ability to justify and explain budget variances to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and analyze the root cause of challenges and concerns, breaking down a systemic issue into component parts, addressing bottlenecks and/or breakdowns.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Oracle Financial Planning Cloud required.
- Experience with QNXT, Wings, Power Bi, SQL and SAS preferred.
- Skilled at managing corporate governance processes.
- Excellent communication skills, including communication of financial strategies to the Board of Directors, Executive Leadership and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to new situations and challenges.
- Skilled at delegation, management and development of staff.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.