Chief Growth Officer
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Chief Growth Officer (CGO) is accountable for driving profitable growth to support Community Health Choice's mission by leading and growing new lines of business, building meaningful partnerships that further enhance our mission and brand, and overseeing the integration of growth strategies across multiple lines of business. The CGO is responsible for the organization's business development strategy, Marketing, Sales, Community Relations, and internal and external Communications.
This individual will shape how we go to market, drive our value differentiation and bring structure, tools, and capabilities, to our teams and membership. The CGO will be accountable for the attainment of growth and retention targets; while enhancing Community's stature in the community, and ensures Community is positioned in both the present and future.
This newly created executive management position will report to the CEO. This role is designed to partner with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to achieve mission critical goals for Community Health Choice.
- Bachelor's degree Business, Marketing or related field required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Fifteen years in managed care, marketing, advertising, or product experience.
- Ten years experience in a healthcare organization demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
- Writing /Composing/Correspondence/Reports
- Exceptional Verbal communication skills
- Analytical, Medical Terminology, Statistical, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Ability to mobilize resources to translate ideas into action.
- Ability to lead initiatives and influence outcomes across departments.
- Ability to look at the data derived from members and extrapolate insights optimizing businesses growth and profits.
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.