Chief of Staff
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Chief of Staff is responsible for supporting the President and Chief Executive Officer by facilitating and monitoring strategic and interdisciplinary initiatives and commitments, providing executive level support to system initiatives, acting as an adviser to ensure goals and objectives are being achieved and priorities are communicated effectively, and acting as a proxy when applicable. Creates and maintains internal and external relationships to enable organizational success.
The Chief of Staff is the key to ensuring that executives constantly remain in touch with their company by taking over daily duties, collaborate / interact closely with employees to handle daily tasks on the CEO's behalf. Identify and address any issues that may arise. Also responsible for filtering key information as it gets shared up through executive ranks.
Additionally, the Chief of Staff will:
- Provide a strategic sounding board to the CEO and other executives to ensure goals and objectives are achieved and priorities are communicated effectively. (Overseeing strategic business initiatives from ideation to implementation.)
- Provide the Chief Executive and other senior leaders with insight and analysis on the company's operations.
- Cultivate a flow of relevant information with the executive team and other stakeholders.
- Assess organizational risks related to achievement of system priorities and communicates those to the executive team
- Manage action items from key meetings for completion and desired outcomes.
- Oversees system level initiatives aimed at identifying quality improvement, cost saving and revenue opportunities. Evaluates their financial impact, facilitates their approval process and supports the implementation of selected initiatives.
- Provide department leaders with recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork across the organization
- Assist the executive team members to determine and prioritize business strategies based on their schedules
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other related field Master's degree preferred
- Ten years of consulting and/or strategic project management experience with a focus on strategic planning and analysis, marketing/market research, competitive intelligence, and corporate business development.
- Five years in a managed care setting
- Progressive management experience directly and indirectly managing people, motivating staff, and working with other management leaders.
- Experience in leading transformational initiatives in large corporations, preferably health plan/managed care setting
- Demonstrate the ability to obtain and filter information, identify key issues relevant to the achievement of long-term strategic goals.
- Strong PowerPoint and digital and creative skills to create professional and polished end products and presentations required.
- Ability to create strong, positive working relationships and positively influence all levels within the organization to drive change.
- Expert project management skills to manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Strong personal communication skills at all organizational levels, including high-level management.