Clinical Dietitian I - Aldine & Squatty Lyons Health Centers
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Clinical Dietitian I provides nutrition education and medical nutrition therapy to patients, working closely with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to maximize patients' nutritional status and improve clinical outcomes. Primary responsibilities include managing the daily schedule to maximize patient care, and providing evidenced-based and patient-centered nutrition care to patients. Additional responsibilities may include assisting with projects, presentations and in-services, along with training new dietitian staff and dietetic interns after one year of clinical experience.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Registered Dietitian (RD); Licensed Dietitian (LD) State of Texas within 60 days of hire; Spanish speaking is preferred, but not required
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): One year experience post dietetic internship preferred but not required. Master's Degree may substitute for 1 year work experience.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): N/A
4. Equipment Operated: Computer, weight scale, food demonstration equipment
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact/Public Speaking);
Writing/Composing (Correspondence/Medical Record Documentation)
2. Other Skills: Analytical; Mathematics; Medical Terms; Statistical; P.C.; MS Word; MS Excel
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training (Specialty): Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) / Registered Dietitian (RD)
4. Work Schedule: Position will cover Aldine Health Center four days per week and Squatty Lyons Health Center one day per week. Schedule is during health center operating hours.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 165740