Clinical Dietitian I - Bilingual in Spanish - Ben Taub Hospital - Inpatient
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its two hospitals: Ben Taub and LBJ.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its hospitals — Ben Taub and Lyndon B. Johnson — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Bilingual in Spanish. 1 year of experience is strongly preferred.
The Clinical Dietitian I works closely with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide patient care that is integrated and compatible with the patient focused medical goals and objectives. Primary responsibilities include application of the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) including the completion of the nutrition assessment, determination of the nutrition diagnosis, developing and implementing nutrition intervention(s) and monitoring and evaluation of the patients¿ progress
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- or Registered Dietitian (RD);
- Licensed Dietitian (LD) State of Texas within 60 days of hire
2. Work Experience (Years and Area):
- One year experience post Dietetic Internship preferred but not required.
- Master's Degree may substitute for 1 year work experience.
- Specialty certification recognized by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) may substitute for 1 year work experience.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): N/A
4. Equipment Operated: Computer, calculator, weight scale
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact/Public Speaking);
2. Other Skills: Analytical; Mathematics; Medical Terms; Statistical; P.C.; MS Word; MS Excel
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training (Specialty): Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Registered Dietitian (RD); Dietetic Internship preferred
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
Benefits and EEOC
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.