Clinical Dietitian I - Casa de Amigos Health Center
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Clinical Dietitian I provides nutrition education and medical nutrition therapy to patients, working closely with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to maximize patients' nutritional status and improve clinical outcomes. Primary responsibilities include managing the daily schedule to maximize patient care, and providing evidenced-based and patient-centered nutrition care to patients. Additional responsibilities may include assisting with projects, presentations and in-services, along with training new dietitian staff and dietetic interns after one year of clinical experience.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Registered Dietitian (RD); Licensed Dietitian (LD) State of Texas within 60 days of hire
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): One year experience post Dietetic Internship preferred but not required.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): N/A
4. Equipment Operated: Computer, calculator, weight scale
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact/Public Speaking);
2. Other Skills: Analytical; Mathematics; Medical Terms; Statistical; P.C.; MS Word; MS Excel
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training (Specialty): Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Registered Dietitian (RD);
4. Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, typical health center office hours; position is eligible for hybrid in-person / telecommute work schedule