Clinical Informatics Analyst
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
Responsible for managing the collection, organization and input of data and information obtained in the Quality Programs for the district. Responsible for the development and maintenance of internal quality databases and the support of external databases. Uses Business Intelligence reporting tools to gather, store and analyze data to assist the Quality department in identifying process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates the primary components of expert clinical information analysis, consultation, education and serves as a resource for outcomes data, data abstraction of Core Measures and other quality initiatives. Monitors and prioritizes the Quality Management Report requests. As a collaborative member of the quality management team, enhances patient safety and quality by giving full representation to the needs of the clinical and medical staff. Acts as an expert clinical resource for clinical systems and serves as the liaison between quality management and information systems and provides end-user functional support for quality applications.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Informatics, or other healthcare related field; Masters degree in healthcare or RN preferred
2. Work Experience: 5 years of clinical data management experience and proven track record of analyzing large data sets utilizing Business Intelligence reporting tools, synthesizing data, compiling data into reports, and communication of findings to stakeholders.
3. Management Experience: 3+ years of project management experience
4. Equipment Operated: Photocopier, Personal Computer, 10-Key Calculator, Fax Machine, Recorder, Window-Based Software Programs, etc.
1. Communication Skills:
Must possess high-level interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of personnel within the organization.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/ Reports)
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, Design, Mathematics, Research, Statistical
3. Work Schedule: Flexible, Eligible to Telecommute
a. May require extended hours in addition to weekends/ holidays for special projects.
4. Other Requirements: Is self-directed with organizational and priority setting skills. Proficient in report writing tools (Business Intelligence) and database development. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; typing and organizational skills. Evidence of independent research and analytical problem solving skills. Exceptional time management and organizational skills; Ability to effectively handle numerous priorities simultaneously; Ability to serve the Quality department and Harris Health System as a clinical subject matter expert; Strong knowledge of study design and evaluative techniques; Demonstrates ability to identify problem areas and take initiative to identify and implement appropriate solutions; Self-motivated
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 164818