Communication & Engagemt Specialist
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Communication & Engagemt Specialist will design, lead, and execute human resources communications strategies and programs designed to deepen understanding of HR strategy and goals, elevate employee engagement, drive change management and fuel culture transformation across the organization. Provide direction and leadership in the design and delivery of the internal human resources communications plan to maximize the positive impact on employee awareness and engagement. Lead and support various initiatives to build and grow the organization's culture through improved employee engagement. Serve as a change agent that can collaborate and build relationships across all departments and matrixed reporting relationships to deliver positive results.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications or related field
- Five years with any combination of experience in marketing, communications including internal communications, organizational development or employee engagement.
- Strong PowerPoint and digital and creative skills to create professional and polished end products and presentations
- Expertise in a broad range of communications mediums and ability to creatively transform information into meaningful messaging across a wide spectrum of end users.
- Robust experience in experience survey best practices and techniques with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to positively influence at all levels within the organization to drive change.
- Expertise in communication engagement techniques and measurements.
- Expert project management skills to manage a variety of projects simultaneously across a wide spectrum of topics, including events.
- Strong personal communication skills at all organizational levels, including high-level management.
- Ability to create strong, positive working relationships.
- High-level of flexibility in past-paced environments.
Selected final candidates are required to submit a writing sample, complete a writing assessment and conduct a presentation
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.