Computer & Telecom Support Tech II - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The qualified candidate is required to respond to computer support request and performing assign projects. Projects and request involve computer and telephony setup | configuration, hardware | software trouble shooting, following inventory procedures, some end user training, and communication with vendors for product research and support. This candidate must be organized and demonstrate proficiency in Windows Operating Systems, Office Applications, and comfortable learning new technology skills as required. The IT Computer and Telecom Support Tech II is required to work with the entire IT department as well as assist the Network System team administer general admin tasks in Active Directory, Virtual Services, Fax and Unified Enterprise Services. Preferred Certification: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician and Fundamental IP-PBX training is highly desirable.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
Work Experience (Years and Area): Three plus (3 +) years in computer desktop support experience
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
2. Other Skills:
3. Work Schedule: Flexible, Overtime
5. Other Requirements: Some late nights and weekends required for system upgrades and special projects