Credentialing Coordinator II - Ben Taub Hospital
At Harris Health System, we champion better health for our patients, their families and our community, by connecting them to an integrated healthcare system that provides high-quality healthcare. Harris Health focuses on the delivery of primary care, wellness and prevention services to the residents of Harris County, Texas, through its extensive network of inpatient and outpatient facilities. Harris Health is a proud recipient of the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance designation for its patient-centered medical homes. Harris Health's medical faculty and residents are provided by its nationally recognized medical school partners: Baylor College of Medicine; McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Manager, Medical Staff Credentialing Services, incumbent performs as part of a healthcare practitioner credentialing team in support of the Harris Health System credentialed practitioners. Credentialing processes address initial and reappointment requirements, changes in privileges, on-going maintenance and verifications of current required documents, staff resignations and other duties to maintain compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies and the Harris Health System Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High school graduation required; Associate degree and/or bachelor degree preferred. NAMSS Certification (CPCS or CPMSM) strongly preferred
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 2 years of healthcare practitioner credentialing experience required.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): None required
4. Equipment and Software Expertise: Computer, Fax, Copy Machines, Microsoft Office, Credentialing Software System, Scanners; Required Testing: MS Word, MS Excel
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports)
2. Other Skills: Analytical, CRT, Dictation/Transcription, Mathematics, Medical Terms, P.C., Research, Statistical, MS Word, MS Excel
3. Work Schedule: Flexible, Overtime, Eligible for Telecommute
REPORTS TO: Manager
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: No