Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Credentialing Coordinator position will be primarily responsible for the maintenance of a streamlined credentialing process consistent with NCQA, URAC, and any other guidelines set forth by the State of Texas or Community Health Choice. Responsibilities will also include, but not limited to, credentialing of providers applying for initial credentialing or re-credentialing, conducts ongoing monitoring and of management of provider credentialing data.
- High School Diploma.
- Associates' Degree preferred. Two years equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three years of administrative experience in a healthcare setting to include one year of credentialing experience, preferably in a managed care setting.
- Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
- Writing /Composing: Correspondence/Reports
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Analytical, Research
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.