Customer Wellness Advocate
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 70 hospitals, Community serves over 260,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Responsible for non-clinical inbound and outbound calls to help meet quality goals for Community‘s Medical Affairs Department. Responsible for helping members find providers, appointment scheduling, appointment reminders, and ensuring appointment completion; educating members on their medical checkup needs, utilization, and available Community wellness resources; and connecting members with additional Community resources when appropriate.
- High School Graduate or equivalency required
- Two years‘experience in health care, health insurance, call center, customer service, and/or sales.
- Communication Skills: Bilingual Skills Required
- Needs to be dependable, organized, positive, high-performing, and a team player, with a friendly and proactive customer service attitude.
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CHC Call Center Operations