DEI Program Manager - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager owns day-to-day management of Community Health Choices (Community) diversity programs & communications efforts. Key to this role is the ability to partner cross-functionally to inform and influence company processes and programs in alignment with DE&I goals established for Community. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Manager designs, implements, and evaluates programs and initiatives that promote inclusion and belonging across Community.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors Degree or 4 years of equivalent practical experience in lieu of is required
Work Experience : 3 years of experience in working in the field of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Program management and/or project management experience, including projects requiring cross-functional team alignment
Management Experience:Program/Project management leadership preferred
Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated track record of managing inclusion programs with proven results.
- Experience with DEI program development, execution, and performance monitoring with a clear understanding of how inclusion functions as part of DEI best practices
- Demonstrated analytical and data-driven approach to DEI programs and initiatives.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and/or projects involving cross-functional/team alignment
- Strong organizational skills and passion for getting the details right
- Creative thinking and ability to execute and measure the effectiveness of new ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop strong professional relationships with peers, managers, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to use good judgment to problem solve, make decisions, and involve necessary individuals at the appropriate time
- Ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguity and change
- Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Design, Research, MS Word, MS Excel
3. Advanced Education:
Bachelors Degree Major: Preferred
4. Work Schedule: Flexible