Dental Assistant - CHP Dental Center
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
Assists the dental/oral surgery team in procedures utilizing proper aseptic technique. Performs Panorexes on regular basis and maintains film library. Maintains sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment. Has current knowledge of equipment and procedures being performed.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School or GED required. Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology or Dental Assisting required. Current or eligible for registration as a Dental Assistant with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners required.
2. Work Experience: 1 year Dental/Oral Surgery experience preferred.
3. Equipment Operated: Dental & Oral Surgical equipment, surgical instruments, Panorex
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) '
Bilingual Skills Required: No - Languages: English/Spanish
Writing /Composing (Correspondence)
2. Other Skills:
Medical Terms '
3. Work Schedule: Weekends ' Holidays ' Flexible ' '
4. Other Requirements: Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish).