Design Specialist/Graphic Designer
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• STAR Medicaid for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• STAR+PLUS for adults who have disabilities or are age 65 or older. Adults get Medicaid healthcare and long-term services and support.
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Design Specialist /Graphic Designer promotes the conceptualization, design, and implementation of designed, creative solutions and websites that consistently and clearly communicate and enhance the company's brand identity and marketing objectives, through all brand touch points (including print, social media, marketing collateral, internal communication, etc.
- The Design Specialist effectively communicates the strategic intent for design recommendations, has a wide range of design capabilities with a solid background in visual communications, commercial art, print, digital, photography, video, branding and typography.
- Works collaboratively with the internal Marketing team and external design contractors to deliver a high-quality product.
- Reviews all creative at key project milestones before it is put into production to assure brand integrity.
- Responsible for web problem resolution along with helping to ensure the organization's web presence provides an on-brand experience.
- This individual will maintain internal organization’s intranet and the content management software to perform daily duties.
- Offer art direction, brand creative support, and design and develop marketing material within corporate brand standards.
- Ensure a strong and cohesive on-brand experience is conveyed across all communicative channels through adherence of corporate graphic standards, and review of all creative at key project milestones.
- Coordinate day-to-day project flow by developing and maintaining project deadlines and prioritizing tasks and keeping track of multiple projects and progress of others on team, along with monitoring assigned campaigns’ performance, tracking results, and making recommendations for optimization through ongoing reporting.
- Understand external and internal print production, along with conducting press checks and review/approve composite and/or digital proofs prior to creative entering production phase to assure brand integrity.
- Actively contributes to achievement of departmental goals, as identified in Department’s annual business plan, including specific departmental process improvement plans, and other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Sr. Creative Manager
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors’ Degree needed, in related field preferred.
Work Experience (Years and Area): bachelor’s and 3 years in directly related field or 7 years’ experience in lieu of degree. Healthcare knowledge is a plus.
Software Proficiencies: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)